5 Reasons We’re Proud of Hippo Thinks’ 2016
New Year’s Day might be all about making resolutions for the future, but New Year’s Eve is all about looking back on the year that’s just gone. And at Hippo Thinks, that makes us feel pretty good about ourselves: in 2016, we accomplished a lot. Here are five quick-hit facts to show how far we’ve come in the past 365 days:
1. We doubled the number of thought leadership pieces we published for the second year in a row.
2. We published in great venues including TechCrunch, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg, CIO Review, Ad Age, VentureBeat, Mediapost, EdSurge, and GigaOm.
3. People actually read and interacted with our content. The average article received 1,925 engagements, which is more than four times the average for articles on the New York Times website.
4. We grew our Hippo Thinks research network to include academics from the University of Chicago’s Decision Science Lab, the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and the University of Washington Bothell School of Business, to name a few.
5. We doubled the size of our staff. In 2016 we welcomed our new Editor-in-Chief Tori, Head of Operations Daniel; Content Strategists Richelle, Firoozeh, and Tammy; and Research Assistant Reina. (Though there were some sad goodbyes, too: after almost two years, our Head of Academic Outreach, Colleen Abel, is moving on to take a poetry fellowship in Tulsa.)
What accomplishments of 2016 are you most proud of? Tell us in the comments.